Welcome, If you had a casino account with Slotsheaven.com, please click here for more information or to login.
With only three betting options, online Baccarat is one of the easiest casino games to play. The choices are to bet on the player hand, dealer hand, or a tie. Once the bet is placed, the point value of cards determines the rest of the game in the Player and Dealer's hand. If this sounds confusing, you can get a complete explanation in the Rules section below.
With a selection of games that include Commission and No Commission Baccarat, and a complete Baccarat room in our Live Casino, SlotsHeaven.com is the best online casino for baccarat players.
All online Baccarat games are designed using high-quality graphics and animation that look great on both computers and mobile devices.
Continue reading and learn the rules, clear explanation about the betting options, and the top strategies for online Baccarat.
Rules: How to Play Baccarat
Unlike most table games, in online Baccarat, you aren't trying to beat the Dealer. You can even bet that the Dealer will win the hand. Your goal is to bet on which hand you think will be closer to 9 points without going over.
There are just 3 main bets:
- Player: The Player's hand will be closest to 9
- Dealer: The Dealer's hand will be closest to 9
- Tie: The Player and the Dealer will have the same point total
The point system can be a little hard to understand at first. The goal of the game is to bet on which hand you believe will be the closest to 9 points. The card values are as follows
- Ace = 1 point
- Card 2-9 = Worth the face value of the cards
- 10, J, Q, and K – Worth 0 points
Unlike online Blackjack, where you add up the total points of the cards in your hand to come up with the total, in online Baccarat, it's impossible to go over 9 points. The Baccarat point system subtracts 10 from all point totals over 10 points. See the chart below for some examples.
|8+6=14||Hand counts as 4 points|
|3+5+5=12||Hand counts as 2 points|
|10+9=19||Hand counts as 9 points (this is called a "Natural")|
|King + Jack + 3= 23||Hand counts as 3 points|
Once you place your bet, the decision to receive a 3rd card is based on the cards on the table. A player can decide to take a gamble and hit or choose to stand and see what happens.
Both the Player and Dealer receive 2 face-up cards. A third card will only be dealt in the following scenarios.
- If either hand has 8 or 9 points, no one gets a third card. This is called a Natural.
- If the Dealer has 7, 8, or 9 points, it can't receive a 3rd card.
- If the Player has 6, 7, 8, or 9 points, it can't receive a 3rd card.
- A player's hand will receive a 3rd card if it has 0 – 5 points, as long as the Dealer doesn't have a Natural.
- A player who has 6 or 7 points and the Dealer has 0 – 5 points will receive a 3rd card.
Similarly, the Dealer's hand is based on what cards the Player has.
- It will always get a 3rd card if it has 0, 1, 2, or 3 points unless the Player has a Natural
- When the Dealer has 4 points, it only receives a third card if the Player has 0, 1, 8, or 9 points.
- When the Dealer has 5 points, it only receives a third card if the Player has 4, 5, 6, or 7 points.
- When the Dealer has 6 points, it only receives a third card if the Player has 6 or 7 points.
- The Dealer will always stand if it has 7, 8, or 9 points, regardless of what the Player has.
Online Baccarat Side Bet Options
You can add to the action by placing up to 4 side bets when playing online Baccarat at SlotsHeaven.com.
- Player Pair: Bet that the Player will be dealt a matching pair of cards.
Dealer Pair: Bet that the Dealer will be dealt a matching pair of cards.
Perfect Pair: Bet that the Dealer or Player will have cards that not only match the number but the suit as well.
The side bets only take the first two cards of the Player and Dealer into consideration. For example, if you bet on Player Pair and are dealt 5 and 5, you'll win an 11 to 1 payout. From there, the game plays out regularly, and you'll have a chance at winning the main bet as well.
The other two side bets take the entire hand into account:
- Big: If the Player and Dealer have a combined total of 5 or 6 cards, this is called a Big, and it pays 2 to 1.
- Small: If either hand is a Natural, only 4 cards will be dealt in the game, resulting in a Small, which pays 3:2.
There is a section on the bottom half of the Baccarat table that charts whether the previous hands were Big or Small.
Odds and Payouts
With a house edge starting from 1.5%, online Baccarat gives excellent odds for the Player. While both the Player and Dealer bets payout 1 to 1, in Commission Baccarat games, the house takes a 0.5% commission on all Dealer bets.
This means that if you make a £5 bet on Player and win, you'll win £5. However, if you bet £5 and win on the Dealer your payout will be £4.75. The reason for this commission is that based on the rules of play, the Dealer bet has slightly better odds than the Player.
Betting on a Tie is the risky bet; it only happens around 9.5% of the time, giving it much lower odds than the other two bets. However, the payout is 8 to 1, which means the return on a £5 bet will be £40.
The odds of winning a side bet are even lower than the Tie, which gives them very attractive payouts:
- Player or Dealer Pair: 11:1
- Perfect Pair: 25:1
- Big: 0.54:1
- Small: 2:1
You can find more information in the Help and Support section below.
Top 3 Strategies
While most of the action is determined by the 4 cards dealt to the Player and Dealer, there are still some tips that can help you make the right bet and increase your odds of winning.
- Bet on the Dealer: Even if you're playing online Blackjack with a commission, the Dealer bet is the smart play. It gives the best odds of winning, with a house edge of just 1.06%, which is slightly lower than the 1.36% house edge you get with the Player bet.
- Don't bet on a Tie: The Tie is considered a sucker's bet by most online Baccarat players. While the 8 to 1 payout may be tempting, the house edge is set at 14.4%.
- Avoid Money Management Betting Strategies: Casino players are looking for an edge that can be used to beat the house. There are plenty of money management strategies that are based around games with 50% odds of winning, with the two most popular ones being Martingale and Paroli. These usually include doubling your bets after a win or loss. The problem with these systems is that online Baccarat doesn't have 50% odds; the odds of winning a Player or Dealer bet are around 45%. All it takes is a streak of bad luck, and you'll double your bets until you've reached the max bet.
All of the online Baccarat and Live Casino Baccarat games are available on mobile devices. You can experience the thrill of Baccarat from anywhere, provided you have a reliable internet connection and a SlotsHeaven.com account.
Playtech did a great job designing the games for smaller mobile screens, with a combination of high-quality graphics, and optimizing the button sizes, so they are still easy to press without accidentally clicking on another button. There is also a comprehensive help section that explains all the rules, betting options, payouts, and more.
Help and Support
Online Baccarat is a fast paced game, and if you're not sure what's going on, it can be very confusing. SlotsHeaven.com has done its best to provide easy ways for players to get the answers they need quickly.
- In-Game Help Menu: Every online Baccarat, both on computers and mobile devices, has a detailed and comprehensive help section. Click on the "Hamburger" menu button, and you'll find information on the different betting options, including the side bets, with odds and payouts. There is a help section that goes over the rules, explains card values, betting limits, and more.
- Customer Support: If you're experiencing technical difficulties, or have questions about your account, using bonus money, Golden Chips, redeeming your winnings, or anything else that isn't game-specific, the professional Customer Support staff is available 24/7 to answers your questions through Live Chat, telephone, or email.
Is it safe to play Baccarat at SlotsHeaven.com?
Of course! SlotsHeaven.com is a safe online casino. As part of the Mansion Group, it has the backing of one of the most well respected online casino brands in the world.
Additionally, SlotsHeaven.com is regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commission to ensure that all games, including online Baccarat, are 100% safe and secure.
How do you win in Baccarat?
Winning in online Baccarat is all about betting on the hand that will have the closest to 9 points unless you bet on a tie. There are also several side bets that you can bet on, and you can win these bets even if you don't win the main game.
What's the best strategy for Baccarat?
The smartest bet in online Baccarat is on the Dealer's hand. It has slightly better odds than a Player bet. However, unless you're playing a No Commission game, the house will take a 0.5% commission on wins made on the Dealer's hand.
What are the rules for Baccarat?
You can place a bet on the Player or Dealer hand or that the two hands will end the game with the same number of points. Once the bets are placed, the decision of whether the Dealer or Player hand gets a third card depends on the two face-up cards of the Dealer and Player.
The point total can never exceed 9 points. If the cards add up to double digits, it will automatically detract 10 points. Therefore, if one hand has a 9 and 4, instead of 13 points, it would have 3 points.
How to deal Baccarat?
Both the Dealer and the Player are dealt two face-up cards. Whether a hand receives a 3rd card or not is determined by the number of points on the table.
Can Baccarat be rigged?
While it may be possible for someone to create a rigged game of online Baccarat, you won't find any games like that at SlotsHeaven.com. We only work with reputable software providers who make fair games.
Has anyone won at Baccarat?
Yes. Online Baccarat has very good odds for online casino players. Player and Dealer bets are both set at around 45%, making it one of the best casino games to play for real money.
Is there any skill in Baccarat?
There is no skill in online Baccarat. But there are some strategies, such as placing smart bets and not falling for betting strategies that don't usually work out long-term.
Can I play on my mobile?
Yes. SlotsHeaven.com and Playtech have optimized all of the online Baccarat games for mobile screens.
Bonuses and Promotions
SlotsHeaven.com has excellent online Baccarat promotions for new and returning players. Register your account today and use part of the Welcome Package as you play for real money. For the latest offers, check out the Promotions page now.
Current players will have plenty of opportunities to grab bonuses that can be used while playing online Baccarat. These can be special bonus codes that are sent to your email, reload bonuses, and exclusive benefits for VIP members. Visit the Bonus Page oday and see all the different types of bonuses and the wagering requirements.
Play for Real Money
As the best online casino for online Baccarat, SlotsHeaven.com has a great collection of both online and Live Casino games.
Register your account today to experience the excitement first-hand. Make your first deposit and collect your Welcome Package, and then start placing your bets at the online Baccarat table for real money.
- Slots Heaven
- Play Online Baccarat at SlotsHeaven.com