Play Live Baccarat Games
Baccarat is one of the most mysterious games at the online casino. It's often considered a game of kings, or reserved for high rollers; it's actually a simple game to learn, with three main bets and a host of side bets.
Slots Heaven UK is now bringing the thrill and excitement of Baccarat to you like never before. Our Live Casino features more than 10 Live Baccarat tables that you can play at 24/7. Instead of getting dressed up, fighting traffic and crowds, you can play Baccarat with real cards from your home.
Together with Playtech, Slots Heaven UK has partnered with a physical casino and placed streaming HD cameras by each table. Now, instead of playing with a virtual deck of cards, you'll have access to Live Dealers, real cards, and the ability to bet with other casino players around the globe.
You'll find many different Live Baccarat tables in the Live Casino Lobby, including Commission and Non-Commission games. All you need to play is an active online casino account and money in your bankroll to place your bets.
If you've never played Live Baccarat before, have no fear. It's an easy game to learn, and you can read the rules, game flow, odds, and more in this detailed Live Baccarat guide.
How to Play Live Baccarat
Live Baccarat is a unique casino game. Instead of playing against other players or the dealer, you're really playing against yourself. Two hands are dealt, named Player and Banker, and you bet on the hand you think will win.
The game's goal is to bet on which hand you think will have closer to 9 points without going over. However, unlike in Live Blackjack, where the player can decide to hit or stand, the cards determine whether the Player or Banker hands receives the third card.
There are just three main bets in Live Baccarat
- The Player hand will win
- The Dealer hand will win
- There will be a tie
There are also several side bets that we'll go over below.
The points are tallied differently than Poker or Blackjack. First, we'll start with the card values
- A: 1 point
- 2 – 9: Worth their value
- 10, J, Q, K: Worth 0 points
You can't have more than 9 points. So, if your card's total goes over 9, instead of busting, the count restarts at 0. This means that if one of the hands is holding a 4 and 7, instead of 11 points, it's worth 1 point. Another example is a pair of 8s is worth 6 points, not 16.
Now that you understand the main betting options and card values let's go over how to play.
Start by placing your wager on the betting table. The three main bets are Player, Banker, and Tie. The side bet option includes whether there will be a total of only four cards dealt (Small) or 5 or 6 cards (Big). You can also bet on if the Banker or Player will have a matching pair (same number different suit) or perfect pair (same number and suit).
The Live Dealer will have a timer running, and you have to have your bet in before it reaches 0 and all bets are closed. Both the Player and Banker receive two face-up cards, if either hand has 8 or 9 points, this is known as a natural, and neither hand receives a third card, the hand that is closest to 9 wins, unless they both have 9 and it's a tie.
The other third card rules are as follows:
- If the Banker has 7 points, it doesn't receive a third card.
- If the Player has 6 or 7 points, it doesn't receive a third card.
- If the Player has 0 – 5 points, it gets a third card as long as the dealer has less than 8 points
- If the Player has 6 or 7 points and the Banker has 0 - 5 points, it receives a third card
- If the Banker has 0 -3 points, it receives a third card as long as the Player has less than 8 points.
- If the Banker has 4 points, it receives a third card unless the Player has 0, 1, 8, or 9 points
- If the Banker has 5 points, it receives a third card if the player has 4, 5, 6, or 7 points
- If the Banker has 6 points, it receives a third card if the player has 6 or 7 points
At the bottom of the gameboard is a scorecard that shows the winning bets for the entire round, including whether it was a Big or Small.
Live Baccarat Odds and Payouts
Overall, the house edge for Live Baccarat is very low, and the payouts for the main bets reflect that. The Banker bet has the best odds, with a house edge of just 1.06%. Therefore, most Live Baccarat tables take a 5% commission on Banker bets. The exception to this is if you play at a Non-Commission table. With those tables, if the Banker wins with a 6, the payout is reduced from 1:1 to 0.5:1.
The longest odds and highest payouts come from the Egalite side bets. These allow you to bet on a tie and what the point total of the tie will be. The longest odds are Egalite 2, with a payout of 220:1.
|Banker (Commission Table)||0.95:1|
|Banker (Non-Commission Table)||1:1|
|Banker Wins on 6 (Non-Commission Table)||0.5:1|
|Player or Banker Pair||11:1|
|Either Hand Pair||5:1|
Top 3 Live Baccarat Strategies
Since there is a protocol that determines how many cards each hand will end up with, all Baccarat strategies revolve around the betting options.
- Bet on the Banker: If you're looking for the safest bet, the Banker is the way to go. Based on the third card rules, the Banker's house edge is 1.06% as opposed to the 1.36% house edge for the Player bet. If you're planning on sticking with this bet, play a Non-Commission variant and enjoy full payouts for your wins.
- Don't Bet on a Tie: The tie bet may be enticing, with an 8:1 payout ratio, but the odds of winning it are much longer than the other options. The house edge is 14.4%, which is not a number most casino players are comfortable with.
- Avoid Money Management Betting Strategies: There is no shortage of betting systems and strategies that use math to prove that you'll come out ahead in Baccarat over time. However, there are two flaws in every betting system; the odds of winning are never 50%, and every table has a maximum betting limit.
Help and Support
Live Baccarat is an exciting game, and as you can see, it's pretty easy to learn and play. That being said, Slots Heaven UK understands that nothing is more frustrating than having a question and not finding the answers you need. Therefore, we have several ways to quickly find the answers you need.
- In-Game Help: The benefit of the Live Dealer is that you have a person intimately knowledgeable about the game you are playing. There is a chat function that allows you to ask your question directly to the dealer. They can help you with game rules, side bets, and odds. If you prefer to read about the rules, you can click on the menu button on the side of your game screen, which contains a detailed help menu.
- Customer Support: For questions that are not game-specific, such as setting up your account, making deposits or withdrawals, claim a bonus, or technical issues, you can reach out to our Customer Support team 24/7. They are available to you via Live Chat, email, and telephone.
Live Baccarat FAQ
Is it safe to play Live Baccarat at Slots Heaven?
Slots Heaven UK is the safest online casino in the UK to play Live Baccarat. We are licensed and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commission. Additionally, as a part of the Casino.com family, we are operated by Mansion Europe Holdings Ltd under a United Kingdom Gambling Commission Remote Operating Licence.
The Live Baccarat games are played with an eight-deck shoe which is rotated out for a new shoe when the marker card appears.
Is there any skill in Baccarat?
There is no skill needed in Live Baccarat since pre-existing rules determine all decisions relating to the cards. That being said, there is some skill in making the smart bets, knowing when to increase or reduce your wager, and when to walk away from the table.
What's the difference between online Baccarat and Live Baccarat?
The most significant difference is that in online Baccarat, the game is played with a virtual deck of cards, controlled by an RNG (Random Number Generator), and it's shuffled after each hand. Live Baccarat uses real cards, and they are only switched out after several games. Another big difference is that while in online Baccarat, you have no time pressure to place your bet, Live Baccarat requires that your bets are in within a specified time frame so the dealer can hand out the cards.
Can I play Live Baccarat on my mobile?
Absolutely. All Live Casino games and the vast majority of all the online casino games at Slots Heaven UK are optimized for mobile devices. There is a mobile app that you can download for your convenience, but it's not a requirement. All you need a stable internet connection and a funded account, and you can play from anywhere in the UK.
Live Baccarat Bonuses and Promotions
Slots Heaven UK has an amazing collection of bonus offers that can be used by our UK players when playing Live Baccarat and other casino games. Register your account and make a deposit to get started, and collect your Welcome Package when the transfer is complete. Visit the Promotions page to see the updated bonus information.
In addition to the Welcome Package, Slots Heaven UK has a wide range of bonus types that you can gain throughout your time playing at the online casino. Many of these are designed specifically for table games and even Live Baccarat.
Play Baccarat Against a Live Dealer Now
Now that you know everything you need to make smart bets, you're ready to play Live Baccarat for real money. Register your online casino account and select the best payment method to make your first deposit, so you can start playing for real money today.
- Contact Us
- Cookies Policy
- Responsible Gaming
- Fair Gaming
- Security & Privacy
- Terms & Conditions
- Email us at
We're happy to help.
SlotsHeaven.com is licensed and regulated to offer online casino gaming services under the jurisdiction of Gibraltar. © 2021 SlotsHeaven.com is an internationally registered trademark. SlotsHeaven.com is operated by ONISAC Ltd of Suite 732 Europort, Gibraltar under a license issued by the Gibraltar Licensing Authority, RGL No.053 and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner. For players located in Great Britain only, SlotsHeaven.com is operated by Mansion Europe Holdings Ltd under a United Kingdom Gambling Commission Remote Operating Licence with Account Number 39448. Only players above the age of 18 are permitted to play our games. Underage gambling is an offence.