Play Online Roulette
Table of Contents:
Roulette is one of the oldest, biggest, and best-loved casino games in the world, one that is instantly recognisable and has been played by the vast majority of offline and online gamblers.
Try your hand playing for small or large stakes; American or French layouts, and single or multiple wheels. Furthermore, if you’re new to this game, read our comprehensive Roulette guide below to understand the rules, strategies, tips, bonuses, and more.
Our Top Roulette Games in the UK
|Penny Roulette||A low stakes game aimed at casual players.|
|Premium European Roulette||European Roulette rules with high limits and a deluxe aesthetic.|
|Classic Roulette||A back-to-basics Roulette variant using European rules.|
|Age of the Gods: Roulette||A variant that comes bundled with the Age of the Gods progressive jackpot system.|
|Frankie Dettori’s Roulette||A Roulette variant tied to the popular Frankie Dettori horse racing slot.|
|101 Roulette||A unique variant that offers 101 wagering options and incorporates elements from other games.|
|Dragon Jackpot Roulette||Unique betting features, a jackpot, and a European Roulette layout.|
|1000 Diamond Bet Roulette||High payout bets are offered in a format similar to American Roulette.|
|Roulette Deluxe||A premium variant of European Roulette with a high wager limit.|
|Premium Pro Roulette||A single-zero European Roulette variant with a streamlined interface that focuses classic Roulette features.|
Rules: How to Play Roulette
Roulette can be learned quickly and played with minimal experience. Take a look at the following Roulette rules to get up to speed with this game.
- Board Layout: There are slight layout differences between different Roulette games but generally there will be a wheel located off to the side of the betting board. The wheel has numbers ranging from 0 to 36 and the board has options corresponding to all bets, with the single numbers on the inside and bets like Black/Red, Odd/Even, and Column bets wrapped around them.
- Order of Play: The first step in a game of Roulette is for players to place their bets. They select the number of chips they wish to bet and then stack these on the betting board in relation to what they think the result will be. Once the betting round has ended, the dealer spins the wheel, drops the ball, and then waits for this to settle on one of the number spaces. The result will then be declared and winning players will be paid accordingly.
- Betting Options: Many novice Roulette players often underestimate the amount of betting options that this game has. For instance, you know you can bet on a single number or Black/Red by placing your chips in that square, but did you know you can also bet on two or four numbers? To do this, you need to put your chips in the following locations:
- 2 Numbers: On the vertical line between your chosen numbers.
- 3 Numbers: To the side of the row.
- 4 Numbers: At the centre point between 4 numbers.
- 6 Numbers: On the side and in the centre, incorporating 2 rows.
For more information, and to get some help playing one of Slots Heaven’s many Roulette games, take a look at our ‘Help’ section below.
Odds and Payouts
The house edge in a game of Roulette typically ranges from 1.32% to 5.26%, with the biggest deciding factor being the number of green spaces on the board.
The lowest payout on a game of Roulette is 1:1, also known as Evens or 2.00. This is offered by bets like Even/Odd and Red/Black. The highest payout is provided by the single number bet and is 35:1 (35/1 or 36.00).
To put these payouts into the perspective of the house edge, in a game of European Roulette, which has an edge of 2.7%, your odds of securing an even money win are 48.65%. In American Roulette, where the edge is 5.26%, this drops to 47.37%. For single number bets, the probability is 2.7% and 2.63% respectively.
The 3 Most Important Tips Before You Wager and Spin the Roulette Wheel
Before you take your virtual seat and start stacking your chips, take a look at these top tips to ensure you’re ready for your Roulette gaming session.
- Use a Trusted Casino
The rules and payouts of Roulette only apply if the game is secure and uses a robust random number generator, and deposits only make sense if you can actually withdraw. That’s why it’s important to play only on trusted, reputable, and secure online casinos, such as Slots Heaven.
The online casino industry is highly regulated and incredibly secure, but some sites are more secure and committed than others and it’s important to choose very carefully.
- Watch Your Budget
Don’t deposit or bet more than you can afford; don’t assume that you will win, and always be prepared to walk away if things are not going your way. As soon as Roulette (or any casino game for that matter) stops being fun, it’s time to call it a day.
Roulette is a game of chance and needs to be treated with respect. Create a bankroll, set strict budgets, and make sure you stick to them. You can find deposit limits and other helpful tools at Slots Heaven, all of which are designed to keep your gaming under control.
- Get a Bonus
Finally, before you start, take a look at Welcome Bonuses and Reload Bonuses and look for one that is made for table games like Roulette. We have many of these to choose from at Slots Heaven; there’s something for everyone.
The great thing about playing with a bonus is that it can help to nudge you into a profit after a long session in which you have broken even.
Top 3 Strategies and Betting Systems
There are no tips we can tell you or strategies we can provide that will guarantee success at Roulette. It’s a game of chance; there are no guarantees.
However, Roulette strategies can limit losses and, in some cases, help you to break even. Just bear in mind that these strategies require you to take risks and may trigger problem gambling issues in those already predisposed.
- Martingale Strategy
It is often said that the Martingale Roulette strategy is the reason Roulette games have limits. We’re not sure how true that is but it’s fair to say that table limits are not this strategy’s friend.
Martingale works by focusing on 50/50 bets (Black or Red; Odd or Even) and then doubling your stake every time you lose. This may seem like a risky strategy, but there is actually a strong basis of probability and common sense behind it.
For example, let’s assume that you start at £1. If you win, you bet that £1 again. Continue like this for 5 successive games and you’ll have a profit of £5.
If you lose the next 5 games, you’ll go from £1 to £2, £4, £8, and then £16. At this point, you will have lost that profit and be down £10, but if that £16 wins, you’ll get that back and more. If it loses, it doesn’t really matter, because when you eventually win, the increased bet sizing means you’ll get your previous losses back.
There are a couple of issues here, however. Firstly, if you run into a table limit, the strategy won’t work and the higher your starting bet is, the greater the chance of this happening. Secondly, while it helps you to break even, it won’t guarantee a profit.
- Paroli Strategy
The Paroli strategy works a lot like the Martingale, but with one key difference: you increase your stake when you win, not when you lose.
The idea is the same and, as with the Roulette strategy outlined above, it increases the chances of breaking even during a prolonged Roulette session.
In theory, these Roulette strategies can also be employed for other bets, not just those with 50/50 odds. However, the more you deviate from these odds, the less likely the strategy is to work and unless you’re playing with an infinite budget on a no-limit table, it likely won’t work for single number bets.
- D’Alembert Strategy
The D’Alembert works on the same principles as the Roulette strategies outlined above, but it’s a little safer and doesn’t require high limits and large stakes.
To employ the D’Alembert strategy, simply increase your wager by one unit following a loss and decrease it by one following a win.
A unit is essentially the size of your starting bet. For instance, if you start with £1 and lose five games, you’ll go up by £1 until you hit £5, which is a smaller and safer stake than the £16 you’d bet using the Martingale Roulette strategy.
Variety of Roulette Games to Play
Roulette is a simple game with some simple rules and features, as discussed already. But the way this game spread across Europe, the United States, and then online, has led to a lot of new features and twists being introduced. As a result, there can be notable differences between one Roulette game and another.
- French Roulette: The original and one of the best forms of Roulette, French Roulette has a low house edge of 1.32% due to the use of a single 0 space and a rule that pays half the player’s stake when the ball lands on that space.
- European Roulette: Like French Roulette, European Roulette contains a single 0 but it doesn’t use the aforementioned rule, increasing the odds to 2.63%. European Roulette is by far the most common type of Roulette variant used on modern online casinos and this is true regardless of where they are based.
- American Roulette: The game of Roulette was tweaked when it reached Las Vegas and extra green space was added to the wheel, increasing the house edge to 5.26%.
- Multi-Roulette: This form of Roulette adds multiple reels and allows players to bet on all of them at once. There are generally anywhere from 2 to 8 wheels used.
- Live Dealer Roulette: A game of Live Dealer Roulette can use many different types of wheels and boards. The defining difference here is that the game is played in a high-tech studio, with real croupiers and equipment streamed directly to a player’s device or web browser.
Bonuses and Promotions
We have a host of bonuses tailored towards table game players and you can learn more about these on our Promotions page. Visit this page to learn about Welcome Bonuses, Loyalty Bonuses, and more, and if you’re not sure how these bonuses work or how to get the most out of them, pay a visit to our Casino Bonuses page.
Slots Heaven uses Playtech software, one of the biggest and best in the iGaming sector. It offers players a wealth of features when it comes to mobile Roulette, including compatibility with most devices and platforms, the ability to switch from landscape and portrait mode with ease, and a wealth of great features, crisp graphics, and immersive sounds.
It’s a complete Roulette experience in the palm of your hand and it’s available right here at Slots Heaven.
Roulette is fast and fun but it may also be a little overwhelming if you’re playing it for the first time. Fortunately, there are a few ways you can get the help you need without hindering your enjoyment of the game:
- In-Game Help: All Slots Heaven games include in-game menus designed to help you understand the game and to learn about payouts, features, rules, and more. You can access this menu by clicking the icon represented by the three horizontal lines, known as the “Hamburger” icon.
- Customer Support: The Slots Heaven support team is on hand to help you with whatever issue you have and to provide the support that you need. Contact them at any time using Live Chat, telephone support or email. We’ll ensure you get a fast and professional response.
- Live Dealer Support: One of the great things about Live Dealer casino games is that you’re always a click away from getting support and advice from dealers and other players. You can use the chat box to ask questions whenever playing these games.
Still got a few questions about online Roulette? Take a look at these frequently asked questions to learn more.
- How many types of Roulette are there?
There are around half a dozen main variants of Roulette, but the online age has been an age of opportunity for developers and they have explored it in full. Developers have added all kinds of features and tweaks to make their own versions of this game unique.
- How to win at Roulette?
Roulette is a game of chance; you can’t guarantee success. However, you can increase your chances by using bonuses, playing low house edge variants, and employing Roulette strategies and tips.
- What is the safest bet in Roulette?
The bet that has the highest chance of a return is the Black/Red and Odd/Even. These are the bets that many Roulette strategies focus on. However, increasing the probability will also increase your potential payout, so it’s all relative.
- What is the Fibonacci system?
The Fibonacci System requires bets based on the Fibonacci sequence. Some variants suggest that you should ascend the sequence when you lose and descend it when you win.
- What is the difference between the American wheel to the European/French wheel?
The main difference is the number of green spaces on the board, as there is one more on American wheels than European/French wheels. This impacts the house edge of the game, with American Roulette returning a higher edge than European Roulette.
- Should the odds be the same on an RNG game?
Online Roulette games use advanced random number generators to ensure that the games are completely fair and that the odds reflect probability. However, the differences in features, wheels, and layouts mean Roulette odds can differ from variant to variant.
Slots Heaven UK is one of the best places to play Roulette in the United Kingdom, with an abundance of varieties, a wide selection of bonuses, and much more. Sign up and join in today, but don’t forget to collect your Welcome Bonus if you’re a first-time player.
- Slots Heaven Africa
- Slots Heaven Argentina
- Slots Heaven UK
- Slots Heaven India
- Slots Heaven Chile
- Slots Heaven Mexico
- Slots Heaven 日本
- Slots Heaven Brasil
- Slots Heaven Malaysia
- Slots Heaven Ireland
- Slots Heaven New Zealand
- Slots Heaven Canada
- Slots Heaven Canada FR
- Slots Heaven Norge
- Slots Heaven Suomi
- Contact Us
- Cookies Policy
- Responsible Gaming
- Fair Gaming
- Security & Privacy
- Terms & Conditions
- Email us at
We're happy to help.
SlotsHeaven.com is licensed and regulated to offer online casino gaming services under the jurisdiction of Gibraltar. © 2020 SlotsHeaven.com is an internationally registered trademark. SlotsHeaven.com is operated by ONISAC Ltd of Suite 732 Europort, Gibraltar under a license issued by the Gibraltar Licensing Authority, RGL No.053 and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner. For players located in Great Britain only, SlotsHeaven.com is operated by Mansion Europe Holdings Ltd under a United Kingdom Gambling Commission Remote Operating Licence, Number 000-039448-R-319446. Only players above the age of 18 are permitted to play our games. Underage gambling is an offence.
Clicking on the download button will lead to the installation of Windows compatible casino software on your PC, which will enable you to register and play on our casino platform. The application can be uninstalled completely cleanly using the normal remove programs options in Windows. No functions of the software will remain after an uninstallation.
Uninstall Instructions | User Agreement