Play Video Poker Online at Slots Heaven UK
Poker comes in many forms, from huge player-vs-player tournaments to intense cash games. One of the most popular forms is video poker, where players test their mettle against the AI and try to overcome a house edge.
Available in several forms, video poker is a great way for fans of this card game to hone their skills, test their strategies, and play a fast, seamless, and consistent variant of their favourite game.
Our Top Video Poker Games
At Slots Heaven UK, you’ll find a wide selection of popular video poker titles, including:
|Deuces Wild||97%||All 2s are wild in this video poker variant.|
|Jacks or Better||99.54%||A high RTP title that requires a hand with a pair of Jacks or better.|
|10s or Better||99.14%||Players need at least a pair of 10s to get a payout.|
|Joker Poker||98.60%||All Jokers are wild in Joker Poker.|
|Aces and Faces||99%||A Jacks or better format with high payouts for Aces and Face cards.|
|Mega Jacks||98.49%||A progressive jackpot video poker game with payouts for Jacks or better.|
|Deuces Wild 4||98.91%||A Deuces Wild variant featuring 4 lines.|
How to Play Video Poker
Video poker is a relatively simple and straightforward game, but there are a few basics you will need to learn in advance. For instance:
- Poker Hand Values: Hand values are the backbone of every poker game and one of the few constants. The value of poker hands remains the same whether you’re playing Stud, Draw, Hold’em or Omaha; knowing these values by heart is crucial for any poker player.
- Expected Value: Also known as “EV”, expected value is something that all professional poker players take into account and something that all video poker players should consider as well. In simple terms, it involves weighing up the probability of success versus the risk of a wager and helps players to make sensible decisions.
- Game Knowledge: Not all poker games are alike and it’s important to understand how they differ. For instance, while Draw and Hold’em both use five cards, the progress of a hand and the betting rounds involved are vastly different and can confuse someone who is not informed.
- Additional Features: Many games have additional features and unique rules, and it’s important to understand how these work if you want to reduce your mistakes and limit your losses.
Each video poker game has its own help file where you can learn more about the rules, payouts, and jackpots. See our Help sector below for more information.
Odds and Payouts
With payouts above 98%, video poker has some of the best returns of any casino game. To put this into perspective, games of American Roulette have payouts under 95% while many real money slot machines hover around 93% and 97%. This puts video poker in line with French Roulette, Baccarat, and Blackjack, which are considered to be some of the best games in the casino.
To learn more about a game’s odds and payouts, and to get help with the rules, take a look at our Help section below.
If you’re playing video poker for the first time, you may encounter some terms you’ve never heard before. Take a look at this glossary to brush up on the basics.
- 9/6 Video Poker Machine: A 9/6 video poker game has optimal payouts and is considered to be better than the 8/6 or 8/5 used on other machines.
- Ace High: A hand that doesn’t have a Pair or better but has an ace. Many video poker variants will not payout for an Ace High hand.
- Action: The money wagered by a player, covering all bets.
- Bank: When multiple video poker machines are grouped together in a casino, they are known as a “Bank”.
- Bankroll: A sum of money used by the player to gamble, often fixed to weekly, monthly or quarterly amounts.
- Boat: Slang for a full house, which is achieved with Three-Of-A-Kind and a Pair.
- Bonus: A cash bonus provides additional credits, spins, loyalty points, and other complimentary services/products. These bonuses are used to encourage players to join, deposit, and play specific games, including video poker.
- Bust: A hand that does not improve after the Draw.
- Cash Back: Losses that are returned to the player, often as part of a Bonus or Comp.
- Comps: Casino comps are the complimentary services and products provided by the casino. Typically used in the offline casino setting, comps include drinks, cash back, and even hotel rooms. In online casinos, comps are replaced by bonuses.
- Cowboy: Slang for the King card.
- Credits: The money in a video poker machine that the player uses to wager. Also known as “Coins”.
- Cycle: The estimated number of hands in which a machine will trigger a jackpot.
- Deal: A new hand is often dealt when players click the “Deal” button.
- Deuce: Slang for a “2”. The “deuce of diamonds”, for instance, is the 2 of diamonds.
- Deuces Wild: A variant of video poker where all Deuces are Wild.
- Discard: Players can choose to “Discard” a card that they don’t want, getting a replacement one from the deck. This only occurs in games of Draw Poker and is an action that can only be performed once with any of the five cards the player is dealt.
- Draw Poker: In a game of Draw, players are given 5 cards and can choose to replace as few or as many of these as they want. After the cards have been replaced, the game ends.
- Face Card: Jacks, Queens, and Kings are all known as “Face Cards” due to the icons depicted on them.
- Fish Hook: Slang for the Jack card. A pair of Jacks is also referred to as “Fish Hooks”.
- Flush: Five cards of the same suit.
- Four-Of-A-Kind: When a player has four cards of the same value, such as four Queens. Also known as “Quads”,
- Full Play: A variant that uses the best possible payouts, thus benefiting the player.
- Garbage Hand: A hand that will likely not result in a payout.
- Hand Play: A game that pays the player by hand instead of in machine credits.
- Hold: Players can “Hold” a card that they want to keep while changing all of the others.
- House Edge: The edge that the casino has over the player, often displayed as a percentage.
- Jackpot: Some video poker machines release jackpots when the player lands a Royal Flush.
- Jacks or Better: A game of Draw video poker that only pays when players have a hand that is better or equal to a pair of Jacks.
- Lady: A slang term for the Queen card.
- Multi-Hand Machines: A game of video poker that lets you play multiple hands at once, with some games going as high as 100 hands.
- Max Coins: The maximum bet allowed on a game of video poker. Some games have a button you can click to reach this maximum immediately.
- Pair: Two cards of the same value, such as two kings.
- Payback Percentage: The average return expected by a player over an extended session. Anything less than 100% is in the casino’s favour and anything more is in the player’s favour.
- Paytable: Found on all games, the Paytable outlines the payouts of each hand and includes details such as jackpots and non-qualifying hands.
- Royal Flush: A suited 10, J, Q, K, and Ace, the best possible hand in a game of poker and one that may trigger a Jackpot.
- Straight: A successive run of 5 cards in any suit, such as an Ace, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- Straight Flush: Successive cards of the same suit.
- Three-Of-A-Kind: Three cards of the same value, such as three aces. Also known as a “Set” or “Trips”.
- Wild Cards: Like a Wild symbol in a slot machine or a Joker in a card game, a Wild Card can replace all other cards in the game.
Bonuses and Promotions
You can find a wide range of bonuses and promotions at Slots Heaven, including ones tailored specifically to video poker players. Our offers include welcome bonuses, aimed at new players; reload bonuses, which are targeted towards active members, and extra games. These bonuses change all of the time, so take a look at our Bonuses and Promotions page to discover what’s available right now.
Video poker has been around for a long time, from the early days of dusty backrooms and pubs to its high-tech digital revolution. Today, this classic game is even available on your mobile device.
Most of the video poker titles in the Slots Heaven UK games room can be played on mobile devices, with support for both iOS and Android. You can play anywhere you have an internet connection, with fast, seamless play provided by faultless compatibility. There is no lag to worry about and all the icons and features have been created with smaller screens in mind.
Security and Trust
Slots Heaven is a fully licensed UK casino working with some of the most trusted Software providers in the industry. These providers are regulated and audited. They use advanced random number generators to ensure that every deal is completely random and every hand is fair.
The software providers available at Slots Heaven include:
- Pragmatic Play
- Play’n GO
- Red Tiger Gaming
- Realistic Games
Struggling to get to grips with your chosen video poker title? Help is at hand. At Slots Heaven, you can get help using one of the following options:
- In-Game Help Menu: All Slots Heaven UK games have built-in help files designed to guide you through. Often available via the “paytable”, “Info” or “i” icons, this screen will tell you all you need to know about the game’s rules, payouts, house edge, jackpot, and more.
- Customer Support: The Slots Heaven support team is on hand to help at all hours of the day. You can contact our skilled, knowledgeable staff members by Live Chat, phone or email. If you have a question about a specific game or rule, or you have an issue with your account, contact us and we’ll respond as quickly as we can.
- How to Win at Video Poker?
Video poker, like all variants of poker, requires careful planning and knowledge of poker hand values. It’s important to know when to hold and when to change; when to go for the big hands and when to settle for smaller payouts.
- What Type of Video Poker Games are Available?
Video poker typically uses the Draw format, whereby players are dealt five cards and can change as many as they want before settling on their final hand. However, the introduction of features like multi-hands, jackpots, and higher payouts creates many possibilities.
- What is the Difference Between Video Poker and Real Poker?
Poker is often played against other players or the casino, whereas video poker is played against an AI opponent. Players also set their own pace and don’t need to wait for others to take their turns.
- What are the Odds of Hitting a Royal Flush in Video Poker?
The odds of getting a Royal Flush in a game of video poker are 1 in 649,740, although these odds are reduced when wild cards are introduced.
- What Video Poker Game has the Best Odds?
Classic games of Jacks or Better typically have the best odds due to the higher payouts offered.
- How is Video Poker Different from Slots?
Video poker typically has a lower house edge and requires a greater degree of interactivity. It’s possible to win at slots without knowing what you’re doing, but the same can’t be said for video poker.
Play for Real Money
Join Slots Heaven UK to play the best variants of video poker for real money. All new players are invited to collect a welcome bonus and to browse hundreds of top games, including several video poker titles. Slots Heaven.com UK is a haven for true fans of iGaming—the best place to play slots, table games, video poker, and more. Sign up, collect your bonus, and start playing!
- Contact Us
- Cookies Policy
- Responsible Gaming
- Fair Gaming
- Security & Privacy
- Terms & Conditions
- Email us at
We're happy to help.
SlotsHeaven.com is licensed and regulated to offer online casino gaming services under the jurisdiction of Gibraltar. © 2022 SlotsHeaven.com is an internationally registered trademark. SlotsHeaven.com is operated by ONISAC Ltd of Suite 741 Europort, Gibraltar under a license issued by the Gibraltar Licensing Authority, RGL No.053 and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner. For players located in Great Britain only, SlotsHeaven.com is operated by Mansion Europe Holdings Ltd under a Gambling Commission of Great Britain Remote Operating Licence with Account Number 39448. Only players above the age of 18 are permitted to play our games. Underage gambling is an offence.